It’s been a busy week for me and mine… Eid came and went last week, it was my mum’s, brother-in-law’s and his wife’s birthday (all on the same day!), hospital appointments, surprise birthday brunches, classes at the Al-Ghazzali Centre and heading to my local Farmer’s Market for the first time in months.
How was your week? How do you spend Eid with your family and friends?
For the week ahead, here are our favourite reads from around the web:
- Peg + Cat aired a special Eid ul-Adha episode and it looks awesome. Yay DIVERSITY!
- And on that note, here is a great infographic on the lack of diversity in children’s books.
- So here is a link with children’s books that feature kids of colour being themselves. Because that’s enough.
- And another link with a list of 5 books that help you raise a globally minded child.
- Speaking of diversity in print and publication, how brilliant was it to see Susan Carland featured in the Sunday Life magazine?
- A poignant reflection on how mentoring can help mobilise children to positive action, to give them opportunities for more holistic learning opportunities beyond books and the classroom.
Featured image taken by Saltanat (Editor of TML).