With two weeks to go till my due date, I finally put my hospital bag together, and guess what? It’s still missing some essentials. Here is what I’ve been able to throw in there for now…
- Pretty bathrobe
- Cheap pyjamas because they will certainly go through a lot in the first few days
- Clothing that doesn’t look like pyjamas but feels as comfy as pyjamas so that when people visit I look somewhat presentable. Black stripe pants and top.
- Organic Maternity singlet
- Lush shampoo, conditioner, body wash and body lotion
- A big fluffy towel
- Going home clothes
Missing from bag…
- cheap underwear
- Tom Organic Maternity pads
- Weleda cream
- Muslin wraps
- Dwell studio blanket, because the hospital gets cold
- Two body suits
- Beanie and mittens
- Bubba blue organic towel
- Bubba blue organic face washers
- Little Innoscents Wipes
- Tooshies by Tom Organic Nappies. I can’t believe how tiny they are!
Missing from bag…
I am feeling that mix of emotions that is inevitable at this phase of pregnancy. I’m over being pregnant, constantly tired, scared of labour, but also excited to meet baby. One positive is that I do feel a lot more mobile and “normal” and I’m associating it to the fact that this is my third pregnancy and I have two other little kids at home to keep me busy and literally on my feet. Oh how luxurious a first pregnancy is! One can lounge around, and take naps whenever they want and simply wait in blissful ignorance of labour, revelling in the excitement of meeting their firstborn. Not so with latter pregnancies… It may be a good thing though, because it keeps one active which should help with the labour… “should” being the key word here lol.
One thought on “What I’ve packed in my hospital bag”
Gorgeous baby items and comfy clothes are a must in the hospital. I, perhaps sadly, found the hospital gown to be quite comfy.