It’s been a big week in the world, with much to ponder on. Here are a few inspiring, positive and thought-provoking links to make this week that much better…
- A beautiful new children’s book compiles tales from Syrian refugees.
- Carla Zampatti designed a uniform for Westpac and included a style for hijabis.
- Check out this Kickstarter for a company designing activewear for women who wear hijab.
- Finland is taking their awesome schools further by abandoning subjects for ‘events’ and ‘phenomena’ in an interdisciplinary format.
- Speaking of teaching, here’s a video that explores how there is no scientific proof that homework improves performance in elementary school. BAN HOMEWORK I say!
- The biggest supermoon is set to hit our world tonight, but it’s cloudy and raining here in Sydney 🙁
- Did you read about the new screen time recommendations by doctors? About time they got onto this.
- Suzanne Barakat is an incredible ambassador for her religion, and this latest talk she delivered at TED is at once utterly heart-breaking but also motivating. She asks, what resources do you have and how can you use it for good?
- And lastly, I really want this dress.